Week Notes 23#28
This post's featured URL for sharing metadata is https://www.jvt.me/img/profile.jpg.
My penultimate week at Deliveroo, with lots of handover and trying to get through the things I'd like to do before I'm offski
- Got my first code contribution raised to Go
- The gardeners have made a huge difference to the front and driveway, and it's amazing how nice the front looks now!
- Cookie been a bit of a gremlin the last few days
- Was nice to have Sarah to stay this weekend, and to see Carol and Juno this afternoon for a bit
- Got the last talk written up for my LeadDev blog post, now just need to go through and edit it, hopefully tomorrow will be the day it's live 🤞
- Managed to smash the rest of it done this afternoon with headphones on
- Had some fun dealing with CloudFlare's SQL protection for
GROUP BY(but not
group by) queries
- My new monitor arrived, which is subtly different in terms of the colours, which is a bit offputting and the buttons are slightly different layout, but it's still very nice
- And in good "I'm 100% an adult" material, it turns out my old monitor does still work, it's just that the power cable no longer works 😅 I wonder why Windows hasn't been able to cope with the monitor for many, many months, when Linux has been working up until now.
- Been nerd sniped a little bit around Git merging the hard way at work, which may not be working (but may be) 😅
- Had a bit of an awkward bug with IndiePass, but turns out it seems to be a known issue with the latest Firefox Nightly version
- After The Answer is Nowhere popped up on my Release Radar, I've been re-listening to a lot of Puppet
- Thanks to JP I'm now on Bluesky, but I've not started collating my follows - lemme know if you're over there!
- Had a nice afternoon on the conservatory sofa with Morph while Cookie was out at daycare
- DMD and Renovate helped with an incident this week, making it much easier to work out the effect of an issue with the version of a library in use, and then get them updated. I need to update my article about one-off Renovate runs cause I don't need the overhead I set up in that post
- Tried the chicken satay skewers and prawn crackers from Jasmine Inn down the road, which weren't too bad, but not quite as good as Wandering Dragon
- In dependency-management-data world
- Created a -contrib repo
- Shipped dmd-web at work, which has already had a load of benefit and got a lot more folks interested and able to try it out
- Added functionality to allow adding banners/custom metadata to the web app
- Started looking at what'd be needed to work with importing SBOMs, so I can start ingesting Snyk and GitHub data in a better way
- Trying to do as much stuff as possible that may be handy while I've still got access to Deliveroo's data, as it's still better than my example data
- Secret Invasion
- The Lincoln Lawyer
- Next in Fashion
- Parks and Recreation