Week Notes 21#34
This post's featured URL for sharing metadata is https://www.jvt.me/img/profile.jpg.
A three day week, given Capital One gave everyone Friday off - but meant things were a little busier with a day less of sprint capacity than planned:
- Went into town for lunch, ice cream, and a walk over to the bike shop on Monday, followed by our first go on the e-scooters (albeit not very well, as I've got 0% balance) - a nice start to the week!
- Morph has been obsessed with the local wildlife - he's brought in two dead mice, and one still alive
- We put his bell on him again, to which he immediately started spraying inside again, so I guess we know how he feels about that
- He's now locked in the conservatory overnight to limit blast radius
- Signed up for a gym membership, and had our first swim using it. It was nice getting back to it after so long, and it was good having the sauna and steam room, too!
- Finalised my start/end date, and been chatting with Charles ahead of it - getting more and more excited to start!
- Charlie's leaving do got me very emotional - it gave me a sign of what was to come when I do leave, and he said some lovely things about how I was "the best tech lead" and that I was the "beating heart of the team", so 🥺
- Cat's got COVID - but is fine so far - a bit of a cold but otherwise fairly mild, and hopefully will be back to normal soon
- Had some good work around BOMs this week at work, and proving some patterns out for improving library usage which will be good going forward
- Was nice to bosch out a blog post on Thursday evening (albeit quite close to bed time) and I'd missed just sitting down and writing something somewhat coherent
- Some not great sleeping - wondering if I need to pull bedtime forward, too, as I'm starting to really struggle getting up, aside from the days I wake up earlier than my alarm
- Lots of (unnecessary) tasty treats
- Had a good IndieAuth pop-up on Saturday evening
- Anna had her first trip to the office
- Busy week around Anna Dad's birthday this week
- Very happy to welcome Flora to the world
- Still having difficulty with Gherkin Formatting
- Had a good catchup with Chris generally, and about my leaving
- Starting to prepare my handovers with the team, and finding it difficult to start things going
- Spent most of Sunday playing Link's Awakening together, with Morph on my lap
- To avoid needing to go to the doctors to get my stye looked at, I've finally started looking after it myself and it's magically fixing itself 😅
- We've got neighbours again - it feels very odd having people next door again
- Been frustrating the windows aren't progressing, but the previous quote I'd had keeps getting knocked down so maybe I'll just go with them
- Difficult planning ahead to see the family given the imminent return to "normal life" and being around people very regularly
- First handover for the Chef pipelines went well, and they're getting pretty close to being ready to try our first release from!
- The Good Place
- American Psycho
- Downton Abbey
- The Matrix
- What If?