Week Notes 21#21
- Rich Fairbank strategy this week - that I didn't attend - meant that the days were frontloaded with work, and afternoons were pretty quiet
- Ended up doing what I usually do with a free house - the same as I usually do
- Had a good chat with Kieran and picked up on a few areas for blog posts - and chatting with the QE community - about how better we can write our tests
- Cute cat from next door made it inside the perimiter, and Morph just let it! He gave them a bit of a stare down, but they walked past
- Made some pretty good cost savings for Chef pipelines by replacing
t3a.mediums - its per-second billing masively saved, even when running 10x the number of instances ($70 vs $0.20)!
- Managed to resolve the threading / authentication issues with my post-deploy / google-fit sending
- Found a bug in my post-deploy cron config due to Spring's different setup, and it was sending every 6 minutes, not 6 hours - woops!
- Definitely led, as well as bugs in my tooling, to being temporarily rate-limited by Bridgy
- Discovered that nothing has been notifying me cause I added the wrong secret for it - all resolved now!
- Had some difficulty digging into logstash-logback-encoder and slf4j-test, and have raised issues upstream, but am writing up the options for folks, especially as we're currently migrating services
- Set up the whirlygig, but not very well, so it's pretty wonky
- Got my CV sorted
- Made an unsuccessful mini crumble, not least because I ended up leaving it in for the best part of an hour ������������, because Alexa doesn't notify me, and I got engrossed in www-api
- Had a lovely Sunday afternoon and evening at Carol and Thom's for sun, drinks, and Filthy Vegan with Emma and Andrew
- When we got back, Morph was not impressed by neighbour kitty blocking his cat flap - and hissed quite a bit at the other cat when he got inside
- Morph's got a new routine - trying to spray every evening after a nap, so that's fun
- May have been soft banned from Hacker News due to me always posting my own stuff - woops