Week Notes 20#17
A pretty busy week (at work), with today being day 46 of self-quarantine:
- Tech Nottingham on Monday was good, Euan is a great speaker, and had some good thoughts I need to write up
- On-call ended with no issues, which was nice
- Work has been pretty full-on this week
- Getting lots done for the shared library (which is now running very close to the wire)
- Quite a bit of back-and-forth across lots of things, so been a bit more tiring with context-switching
- Also coming on to 6 weeks before mid-year appraisal, which I want to make sure I'm prepared for!
- Aligned the rendering of feed across kinds which I was pretty happy with to be honest. I really like how articles now appear in the feed, and the consistency of formats, as well as icons on i.e. step counts
- Added support for
h-citemarkup on my
h-feedso it means consumers get the same information about i.e. Twitter interactions that folks get when browsing the page
- But realised that Bridgy wasn't happy so needed a fix
- Carol came over to drop off my birthday present, and we had a nice long catchup with her (at a safe distance), which was really nice. It was super weird to be interacting with another human person that didn't involve a screen, and I feel like I'm going to need to get used to it in the future when it's commonplace again.
- While chatting, Morph came out to see what was going on, and noticed one of the neighbourhood cats coming into his territory. The Siamese cat gave him a little meow, and Morph properly yeowled back, and then gave it a big hiss, which scared it off. Bless him, he's keeping us safe
- Had a virtual escape room, which was lots of fun, and I'm looking forward to doing again this coming Thursday!
- Friday and the weekend was mostly spent on the new office setup, which I'm looking forward to seeing over the week
- We had a bit of a trial run, while I was gaming/coding and Anna was on a Tech Nottingham call, and it seemed to be a fair bit better
- Anna's worked a bit more downstairs over this last week because we've both been on video calls a lot, and it hasn't been as fun right next to each other
- Added support for which queries are supported on my Micropub endpoint
- Fixed post-deploy as a result of the above changes
- Spent some time getting
q=sourcefor post list there, but didn't quite finish
q=contacts, but didn't get into the code
- Got 35.5/50 in today's The Big Quiz for Cancer Research UK - Live!
- Accidentally left the freezer open a little on Thursday, so Friday/the weekend has been going through things that slightly thawed. We'll need to start refilling our emergency rations, like bread (for soup, if we had to self-isolate)
- Didn't do many chores this weekend, partly because we did lots of moving and tidying of the office, and have felt a bit tired!
- Had a lovely walk on Sunday with Anna - went nosing around some of the lovely houses in Sherwood, and managed to do almost 5000 steps while we were out
- Watched 21 Bridges
- Was very disappointed with a Ferrero Rocher easter egg