The Storytime project aims to provide a more immersive environment for reading to children, by providing context-sensitive lighting for a smart lightbulb that changes depending on the page's content; for instance, if there is a flame on the page, the light will flicker like a candle.
This is an idea that we are continuing to pursue, and as such source and details are not provided.
This project was built using the following technologies:
- Express.JS: A web framework for developing Node.JS applications.
- Lifx: Wi-Fi enabled smart LED lightbulbs without the need for a hub.
- Bootstrap: A popular responsive front-end framework.
- PayPal: An online payments system that makes it possible to transfer money via email addresses.
- MySQL: An open-source relational database management system.