PortaPay is Firefox OS application that allows a user to find the nearest public restroom in London. The app integrates with Google Maps to provide a realtime view of the user compared to nearby public restrooms.
PayPal integration was added in order to make it easy for users to pay for their visit, with the final aim to be able to pay through NFC.
This project was built using the following technologies:
- FirefoxOS: An open-source Operating System built for smartphones and tablets.
- PayPal: An online payments system that makes it possible to transfer money via email addresses.
- Express.JS: A web framework for developing Node.JS applications.
- MongoDB: A document-oriented database management system.
- Google Maps: A mapping system service provided by Google.