Overview

disARM is the final coursework from my first year Introduction to Programming course at Nottingham. We were tasked with creating a disassembler, which would take in a compiled ARM Executable and Linked Format file, and output the instructions that the file contains. I asked my lecturer whether it were possible to determine what label the ADR and ADRL instructions were pointing to, but he mentioned it was not. However, I decided to look into the ELF format, and discovered the Symbol table. Following this, I was able to work out the correct addresses, and insert them instead of some offset.

This project was one of my first large achievements, and as such I am really happy with the resulting program. The code, however, is not at all something I'm happy with, but I realise a few years really does make a difference.

Tech Stack

This project was built using the following technologies:

  • C: A general-purpose, imperative programming language.

Project Links

Find the project on GitHub .