Changing my Static Site Search Setup
This post's featured URL for sharing metadata is https://www.jvt.me/img/profile.jpg.
In Re-enabling search on my static website, I mentioned that I was re-enabling search on my static website.
One of the things I decided at the time was to take advantage of my JSON Feed, to remove the need to store a separate representation of all my posts.
Something I was worried about at the time was that it was downloading a fairly large JSON file each time, so I used the Web Storage API in the browser to cache the JSON file.
A few weeks ago, I found that search was broken on my site, as I'd gone over the size limit for the Web Storage API, and it finally got to the point that I needed to resolve this.
I've just updated it to no longer do this, and also to massively reduce the download size - from 14M it's now 200K - I hope to improve this further in the future, though!