Week Notes 20#1
As you will soon read in my 2019 in Review blog post, one thing I want to do this year is to write a weekly post to cover what's happened this week.
I've stolen this idea from Ton Zijlstra, who has been doing this for quite some time, and I really like it. It's a nice way to look back at all the things that have happened over a week/month/year, and I feel like it'll help with my Year in Review posts.
This was a short week due to New Year's Day being a Wednesday, in which I:
- Spent New Year's Eve with Richard and friends, playing board games, chatting, and having a nice time
- Saw a group of friends for a post-Xmas gathering, with the hosting pair announcing their engagement!
- Took down the Christmas decorations
- Played lots of Mario Odyssey on my Nintendo Switch
- Attended a great talk at Women in Tech Nottingham, Sensing Change: The Rise of the Smart bins
- Writing my "2018 in Review" and "2019 in Review" blog posts
- Had our first takeaway from our new nearest Thai restaurant, Mr Thai Food
- Finished preparations for the Release Train Planning at work, looking at the key pieces of work for the next quarter
- Fought an annoying issue at work with upgrading the version of Spring (via Spring Boot 1 to 2), where
@ConfigurationPropertieswas being used, but we used properties of the form
example.token-url(kebab-case is recommended)